Whether you are an artist that frequently requires colors or a student that requires colored markers for highlighting different sections of study material, you must choose high quality markers that do not spoil the paper.
Your choice of the coloring markers will also define the way, your art will come out. Coloring pens now come in a variety of inks and with a variety of tips. While the water based inks are bright they are not as good as other types of ink on certain surfaces. Similarly the short nibs give precise colors while the wider nibs cover the space quickly. Therefore, choosing the right coloring pens depends upon your project.
Water based pens are ideal for beginners. For more advanced users, the alcohol based pens are ideal. Pigment based pens are durable, give clear color, resist water, bleed less through paper and resist light better than dye pens. Marker pens can have short nibs or broad felt tips and you may use them as per your requirement.
We have done the research for you and have compiled a list of the best coloring markers for your requirement. These markers have been reviewed on the basis of their material of construction, nib quality, color quality and price. You can peruse through the list to find the appropriate markers for your art session.
Super Markers Set with 100 Unique Marker Colors – Universal Bullet Point Tips for Fine and Bullet Lines – Bold Vibrant Colors – Includes a Marker Storage Rack – 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Scored 4.2/5.0 – From 252 Customer Reviews
Priced From $9.18
- ULTIMATE SET OF 100 UNIQUE MARKER COLORS: A full rainbow of 100 unique eye-catching colors at your disposal. Premium quality markers with incredible vibrant and bold colors that feature a specialized bullet point tip that allows them to be used for both fine detailed lines and bold thick lines
- FUN, SAFE and EASY TO USE: Super Markers are completely kid safe as they are non-toxic, water-based, acid-free and conform to ASTM D4236 and EN71. Children, adults, art students and teachers love our super markers because they are fun, easy to use and provide great visual results
- UNLIMITED USES: Let your imagination run wild when using these bullet tip super markers, as they’re ideal for drawing, writing, sketching, coloring, scrap booking, crafting, doodling, filling in adult coloring books or anything else that allows you to show off your creative side
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Markers are stored in convenient organizer rack with individual spots to hold each marker, so you can keep all your markers neatly organized and ready for use
- RISK FREE PURCHASE – 100% LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We’re so confident that you’ll be delighted with our Super Markers that if you’re not satisfied with them at anytime, we’ll provide a full refund
This product can be improved a little bit. Some of the markers “seem” to start drying up a little bit after continued use. I think I figured out a fix by using the side of the marker’s point to color in….(this seems to work for me) when using the side of the markers point it seems to allow the rest of the ink to load the point again. Again, you don’t have to do this often only when working on big multiple projects.Long tory short I had to give it 5 stars because they have not failed me yet and I have been working on multiple projects at a time where I am using them non-stop. Definitely not the is count store type. These are much better similar to the Crayola marker quality only with a much bigger color variety. Yes, you can see a true difference in the colors that match the caps. Great product and made in the US! I went with this product initially because it is made in the US.
>> Read More Reviews On Super Markers Set with 100 Unique Marker Colors – Universal Bullet Point Tips for Fine and Bullet Lines – Bold Vibrant Colors – Includes a Marker Storage Rack – 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Here <<
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 123 Customer Reviews
Priced From $11.50
- 40 brilliant colors, in rich non-washable formula
- Perfect pairing with Crayola “Escapes Series” coloring books!
- Perfect coloring tools for adults
Hi All.The Crayola 40-piece fine line markers are a very nice set of markers indeed. First, I want to say that I’ve purchased other water-based ink markers, and I’ve NEVER used a juicier set. Not 1 of the markers was dry, or even going dry. Now, you need to know that I have never really liked water-based ink markers, but this set was so incredibly easy to use, and it layed color down beautifully. I have become a water-based ink marker lover.I have included a page so you can see how nice the colors look. You should notice, that the streaks are very minimal. Granted that the spaces in this page aren’t super big, but even the spaces on the hearts are big enough that if you aren’t familiar with water-based ink markers, you could get some streaks that look quite bad.The color selection in this set is great. Now, 40 markers may not seem like a big set, but the shades that are included are the ones that tend to be used more. I like this fact. I always feel like I’m “wasting” my money by not using certain colors. I’m not worried about that at all with this set. It contains 2-grays, 4-browns, 5-pinks, 5-greens, 2-teal, 6 blues, 3-purples, 2-yellows, 5-oranges, and 2-reds. It also has 1-wine, 1-gold-ish, 1-black, and a shade they call “Sandy Tan” that might qualify as a flesh tone. I know that the regular, yellow box set does not include the “Sandy Tan”. That is one of the big reasons I chose the Adult Coloring Fine Line set.I really like the tip shape and size. There are other markers that have a “standard” bullet shaped tip, but this one is smaller. It was easy to get into the small areas, which is a necessity for me. My favorite designs to color are the smaller spaced style, and even the “tangled” style.So, if you like the Crayola brand, and are wanting a good set of water-based ink markers, with a very good color selection, I suggest that you purchase this set.Let me know whether you found this review helpful or not.Thanx, MindyThey blend well. I did some simple shading on this page. You should be able to see that I used a base color, and then added a darker shade around the edges and across the center line. The darker shade blended into the lighter shade and made the little fronds look dimensional. This is an easy techique, but it does not always look good with water-based ink markers. These Crayola Fine Line markers were definitely up to this challenge.So, if you like to use water-based ink markers, this set is a very good choice. It is also a less expensive set. I do believe that it has the better color selection, if you are comparing
Ohuhu 40 Colors Dual Tips Art Sketch Twin Marker Pens Highlighters with Carrying Case for Painting Coloring Highlighting and Underlining
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 960 Customer Reviews
Priced From $16.50
- DUAL TIPS: Broad and fine for precise highlighting and underlining. Allows you to write in both thin and thick lines, providing great versatility and flexibility allowing you to create various styles, sketches and patterns with ease
- 40 VIBRANT COLORS: The highly pigmented and vibrant markers are built to last against fading. Also, most colors in this set can be used as highlighters
- COLOR-CODED CAPS: The color-coded caps allow for ease in organization and use in identifying colors
- HIGH QUALITY: Marker pens are made of strong pigments allowing you to draw at least 300 meters
- BONUS CASE: Equipped with a beautiful black carrying case for ease in travelling and storing
I purchased the 60 pen set and they arrived quickly! I am delighted with my purchase and only wish that I had ordered the 80 pc set. Love the bullet nibs for coloring “doodle art” and stamped images. Others have mentioned that they bleed through the paper, and many of the colors are very close in hue… but these are the nature of all alcohol based “Art” markers. The are meant to flow and blend together smoothly. And having multiple hues of a color allows the artist to add dimension to an image. (For example, the multiple greys let you color a black dog that isn’t just a solid blob of black).If you are using these on the latest craze: adult coloring books: be sure and choose a book with nice thick pages, with images only on the front side of the paper. A cheap coloring book will have average weight paper and often printed on the front and back of the sheet. You could use water-based markers or colored pencils on them, but you still probably won’t like the result. It might end up blotchy or be hard to lay down a rich layer of color (on average weight paper, I mean).But these alcohol markers give a smooth even result, pretty close to what I get from my Copic markers that run $7 each pen! If you are just coloring images for fun or card making, I think you will be thrilled with these. Lately, I’m really liking the control of the bullet nib more than the Copic brush tips. I wish I could buy some add-on sets now, I like these so much!Finally: I expected the zippered pouch to be a throw-away quality, but to my surprise, it’s quite nice! I like the handle, zipper and the way the markers stand up in it. Once zipped closed, it’s easy to lay it on it’s side to store the markers horizontally if you want to. It’s really a handy little storage pouch, which makes this set an even greater bargain!
Dual Brush Pen Colored Art Markers 24 Colors – With Fineliner Fibre Tip 0.4 Fine Point – Sketch Drawing Marker – perfect for coloring books for adults qianshan
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 42 Customer Reviews
Priced From $12.99
- Package contains 24 different colors dual marker pens.
- DUAL TIP DESIGN: 0.4 mm fine tip for outlining and detail, 1-2 mm brush tip for shading and coloring, High quality , Easy and comfortable to write with hexagonal shape holders.
- Water-based non-toxic liquid markers with fibre tips and can last long time use. The ink is Acid-Free & Non-Toxic and Conforms to ASTM D-4236.
- Easy coloring for drawing lines & details, painting, sketch, highlighter, maker, signing etc.Ideal for professional fine art, Adult Coloring Book and crafts.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If you are not satisfied with our product, You will get a satisfied solution or a Full Refund.
I love these markers! Pencils weren’t giving me the vibrant color I was looking for and they were hurting my fingers coloring with them. I searched quite a bit for markers and went with these, and I’m so glad I did. There’s such variation in colors and they’re easy to use. I would strongly recommend these if you enjoy coloring with markers! and yes, they do leak through paper so much s ure you only use them on coloring books that are not double sided
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 270 Customer Reviews
Priced From $4.36
- Classic markers are high quality markers of brilliant color; they are well constructed, durable and long lasting
- These markers will not bleed through most papers, they have superior coverage and are consistent from box to box
- Application is easy the conical tip is designed to make both wide lines and thin lines this is the “fine tip” version of our conical tip/nip
- They are well-constructed and include vented caps for safety; Each marker cap indicates the marker color
- Markers are non-toxic and safe, conforms to astm d 4236 and ap certified
I got these to use with my Silhouette pen adapter (for Silhouette Cutting machines) to make tags and such for items I sell. These fit perfectly in the large size adapter and work really well in the machine. I am happy with the color combination and the quality of the ink. Even after I got side-tracked and left one open in the air for awhile, it still worked great. I would not recommend extremely small writing which is a matter of knowing the machine and it’s capabilities but I made a tag that was about 4 inches wide and was able to get the words on it that I wanted and they worked great. I highly recommend these markers to other Silhouette users in combination with the Silhouette pen adapters, especially anyone, like myself who has not been terribly impressed with the Silhouette Sketch pens.
Fineliner Color Pen Set (HUGE SET OF 60 COLORING PENS) Colorful Ultra Fine 0.4mm Felt Tips in 30 Individual Colors – Porous Point Marker – Perfect for Drawing & Adult Coloring Books
Scored 4.2/5.0 – From 1,345 Customer Reviews
Priced From $19.99
- 30 Unique Vibrant Colors
- Protective Aluminum Casing – Beautiful Compact Double Layered Case. Holds Each Unit in Place – Perfect for When You’re on the Go!
- High-end Alloy Based Point Enclosure – Ensures Straight Drawn Lines If You’re Using Stencils, Rulers, and Templates.
- Our Ink is Non-Toxic and Acid Free!
UPDATE – Oct. 16, 16:I received another set of pens, hoping that I had just gotten a bad batch previously. This new set is working much better, thankfully. Now I can happily add them to my coloring pen collection, which is fantastic because this set has some really great colors in it.****************I really wanted to love these markers. I got into these adult coloring books as a way to unwind with the kids, so Ive been adding to my marker and pen collection.They come in a nice container, and it does consist of TWO sets of 30 pens. So its a good set to share with another person.My issue with the set is that I dont really think its good for coloring, unless its for a very small section. Id see this particular set as being good for writing or maybe drawing. The ink doesnt really flow that well in these, which I found really annoying. Also, some of the colors were a bit off from what was on the cap. For instance, I picked out what appeared to be a bright pink but actually has an orange-ish tinge to it. Its actually because of this set that I do a color test with all of my pens/markers before I use them to color a picture just to make sure I have the right color.I myself rely heavily on reviews when it comes to deciding whether or not Im going to purchase something, so my reviews are completely honest. If my opinion of the quality of this product changes, I will update my review accordingly.Please let me know if my review was helpful to you by voting yes below, and let me know if you have any questions!
>> Read More Reviews On Fineliner Color Pen Set (HUGE SET OF 60 COLORING PENS) Colorful Ultra Fine 0.4mm Felt Tips in 30 Individual Colors – Porous Point Marker – Perfect for Drawing & Adult Coloring Books Here <<
Scored 4.0/5.0 – From 46 Customer Reviews
Priced From $10.50
- Fine tip felt pen with 0.7mm line width and water-based ink
- Elegant, all black look
- Vibrant colors and smooth coverage
- Effortless glide
- Perfect for adult coloring
There are great markers. I’ve done lots of detailed coloring with them and they are vibrant and still going strong. I love the metal case they come in, with a separator inside (I am somewhat of a neat freak!) that keeps them organized.Good range of colors without being overwhelming. This is the set I keep at my office and it does the trick of calming my nerves on days when client calls get stressful.
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 1,794 Customer Reviews
Priced From $15.01
- STAEDTLER Triplus Fineliner 36 Pack in BRILLIANT COLORS, Jumbo-Pack; 0.3 mm Fine Point, Assorted, DRY SAFE, Minimal Bleed Thru/Acid-free Ink.
- Fineliner with superfine, metal-clad tip and ergonomic triangular shape for relaxed and easy writing.
- DRY SAFE – can be left uncapped for days without drying up (Standard atmosphere according to ISO 554, except neon colours).
- Line width approx. 0.3 mm. Water-based ink. Washes out of many textiles.
- Staedtler Color Pen Set, Set of 36 Assorted Colors. Packaged in cardboard box.
Got these in two days, as promised! First impression: the box holding the pens is much sturdier than I expected. Most cardboard pen/pencil packages can stand maybe six or seven openings/closings before they start to fall apart…but this box looks like it will last quite a bit longer than that! That might seem like a trivial thing, but I prefer not to buy separate holders for my art supplies, and just use what they came in as long as possible, so this one is already making a good impression on me. I immediately opened them and did my usual color-checking process: I filled in a little 1″x1″ square with each color, with light coloring on the left of the square moving to thick/dark on the right side. I always refer back to the paper so I can tell exactly what each color will look like. The pens were all easy to color with, they move smoothly across the paper, the thickness didn’t wax or wane, and only three of them had slight imperfections on their tips that made the coloring more uneven, but I think a quick trim of the tip will correct that. After coloring in the color-reference blocks, I moved onto a coloring book to test them in large and very small spaces. The large spaces were a little difficult for me, as I’m not used to having to maintain the exact same amount of pressure from one part of the space to another…this caused some streaks, and some darker spots and some lighter spots. I assume this is a technique issue, and will be resolved once I get some more practice. The small spaces were awesome, though. I was afraid some of the mandala spaces I’m coloring in would be too small for the color to show up, but these high-impact pens worked great! It’s hard to NOT see the color in those small spaces! The major reason I bought this set is because of the variety of colors – I’m not great at blending or creating new colors, so I needed a set that would include various colors and shades and tints and whatnot. This set has a bunch of reds, blues, and greens, and a few purples, yellows, a couple oranges, and six highlighter-esque colors. One or two of them were a bit dry, but they worked better after a few moments of coloring. All in all, I am incredibly pleased with this product! Great quality, great variety, and a great value!
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 498 Customer Reviews
Priced From $10.80
- Large assortment of 100 various marker colors
- Long-lasting, vibrant colors
- Pull ‘n’ Pop Packaging design
- Certified non-toxic
- Quality Guaranteed
I do illustrations and have to order pens all the time. I have specific sharpie pens that I buy at $1.50 each and when I run out of that pen, instead of having to run immediately to a store, I have a color to match in this box of 100. Some of the colors are light, awash, but others are pretty vivid and give a velvet effect. When you need gradation, which is often for me, these colors let me march up the color stair very easily. Some folks complained about drying out and the caps not matching. Yes if you are letting a child use them, you need to show them proper handling. As an adult, we know pens of all sorts dry out if not capped and just because they’re cheap does not make it ok to be careless. These pens are a steal. As are most RoseArt products.
Scored 4.0/5.0 – From 346 Customer Reviews
Priced From $6.55
- Washes easily from most fabrics and skin with soap and water
- Range of 50 colors in a resalable plastic carry-case with handle
- Great for illustrating, writing or outlining
- Non-toxic item
- Is AP certified
Here in New England the weather this time of year can be cold and snowy. This year my husband and I decided to try the new trend of coloring. This has been so much fun for us, he has now obtained posters to do.We ordered these markers so we could have multiple colors and the abilities to have both fine line and broad strokes. These markers are perfect for just that! You have the choice of angleing your marker for fine tip or wide tip when coloring a large object.These markers feel comfortable in your grip ( the thickness of a average pen) and have a snap on and off cover. I have not encountered any problems with them drying out at all.The selection of colors are 3-5 different shades of your most popular colors. These markers are washable from both clothing and skin with warm soapy water.The carrying case is a very thin molded plastic with a snap down opening. Each marker lays individually in a slot and the case can be carried by the handle on top, but being honest our case has cracked and come apart.I would still recommend the markers for those of us that are enjoying this hobby of coloring as the color shades and different stroke capabilities are well worth the money you pay.I do foresee us obtaining a container for our markers as our collection grows.
The choice of coloring markers usually depends upon the type of art project that you are pursuing. If you are buying these markers for a small three or four year child who has started to learn to color, you will need markers that are not permanent as there is all probability of the child dirtying his or her clothes.
We hope that you liked our review of the best coloring markers and you were able to find the best one for your requirement. We would like to have your opinion on this.