We are gifted with hair on our head. You may not think like it, but hair has a really important function in our lives. The first practical function is that it serves to protect our head from cold or hot. As simple as that. And the second most important function is that it serves as a powerful vehicle for expressing ourselves. You can do all sorts of different things with your hair, and you can effectively express your personality by using it. But also, this comes with a price – you will have to invest some time and effort in order to maintain it from time to time.
And cutting your hair one piece of the maintenance process. The best thing that you can do is to find a person that will be able to cut your own hair for free, as a personal service. And one of the most important tools that you have to use in cutting your hair is the cordless hair clippers. This device will make your life easier when you’re about to cut someone else’s hair. And moreover, it will enable you to cut your own hair if that’s what you wish.
Wahl Color Pro Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clipper, 21 piece Color Coded Hair Cutting with 12 guide combs and soft storage case
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 68 Customer Reviews
Priced From $29.88
- Cordless clipper kit includes 12 guide combs
- Self-sharpening precision blades stay sharp longer
- Removable, easy clean rinsable blade
- Cordless convenience. Use anytime, where.
- Durable, long-lasting motor & rechargeable battery. 60 minute run time.
Great clipper. I use this to cut my own hair. I was originally thinking I would just use it to make small adjustments to help extend the length between going to the hair stylist. With the discovery of the 1.5″ wahl guide comb I am able to cut the hair on the top of my head, very easy to do with the cordless. Cutting the sides requires a little thinking because I have 1/2″ on the sides and back. After watching a could on-line videos on how to cut hair with clippers I realized what needs to be done.Whenever I go to the hair stylist I always get let down with the cut. The last time was the breaking point, it seemed like everything I was asked was just thrown out and my hair was cut their way. Very frustrating to say the least. I thought that in the worst case I could do no worse. What I did was get one last hair cut after I purchased this clipper. I watched very closely how it was done, not too close on the parts I didn’t like. Any way, I went home and put a guide comb on the clipper and with the clipper off, I pushed it through my hair. I was able to find which guide comb was used on my head and how far up the sides. I have 1/2″ on the sides and back and 1.5″ on the top. Wahl makes the 1.5″ guide comb which really makes the deal. I put the 1.5″ comb on the clipper and turned it on then ran it over my head, it just cut some stray hairs but I was able to see just how easy it was to use, I could hold it at all the angles needed to run over the top of my head. Overrunning the sides and back were no issue since they are shorter. Then I put on the clipper for the sides and ran it around. The area where the sides/back meet the top need to be blended gradually which is really easy using the technique on the Wahl website and shown in the instruction book, called blending. The blending is using the rocking motion at the end of cut, the photo in the instructions and the video make it clear. Same technique my hair stylist used too.So far I have done 3 hair cuts, I cut more often because there is no charge and I figured if I messed up the problem would be small. The result was amazing good and took almost no skill. The hardest part is squaring off the back, kind of hard to look in a mirror and watch while moving the clipper. I just did several dry runs, with the clipper off till I felt I had the technique correct then turned it on and cut. Perfect results. Now I cut my hair in the morning before taking a shower, no lost time sitting in a hair cut shop waiting to have a less than average hair cut.I received 12 guide comb attachments with the clipper. I think there was more than the basic set. Very happy with the quality of the combs. The clipper feels good and it is not too heavy. No cord really helps cutting your own hair. The case is a soft zipper case, holds everything in it. It is ok quality. I have not yet ran a change out on the clipper, it lasts longer than I could possibly use it. Perhaps for several hair cuts it would not make it but for one person no issue. The rechargable battery is the weak point, the instructions say it will only last 3-5 years. Seems short but the instructions also say the clipper can be used with the cord plugged in. So that would be the back for one day when it finally gives up.This really changed my mind on cutting my own hair. It is no harder than trimming a beard, really easy for me to pick up. If you ever thought about cutting your own hair give it a try, you may be surprised how easy it can be. Just get it cut one more time at the hair stylist then go home and run the clipper with the comb attached, no power and see what was cut to which point. That really helps teach you how to cut.
Sminiker Professional Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clippers Set with 2 Batteries, 4 Comb, Guides and Scissors – Grey
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 356 Customer Reviews
Priced From $29.99
- Heavy-duty gear for proper powerful cut, with stable and steady control. The R shaped rounded edge design prevents from accidentally hurting skin.
- Titanium blade combining with the ceramic movable blade for efficient and long term cutting. The titanium blade of the hair clipper will not get rusty. It always keeps sharp and ensures high durability.
- New user friendly, we provide3-6-9-12mm guide combs. Now you can easily adjust the combs to the proper height. With leveled combs, you can easily trim hair perfectly even.
- Precision motor, low vibration and ultra quiet design, free it from work noise with only about 50 db, to help kids and babies feel at ease, not afraid haircut any more.
- Please Note: Due to the shipping restrictions, your package does not include oil accessories. Please do not disassemble the product by yourself. This product can only be allowed to clean by cloth with a little water or mild soap liquid.
I’ve been cutting my own hair with clippers for about 20+ years and hands down, these are the best clippers that I have ever used. I was hesitant on purchasing these as I have been using Wahl clippers throughout my hair cutting years. Prior to purchasing this, I purchased two different Wahl clippers from Amazon to replace my worn Wahl unit, both I sent back to promptly for a refund. I’m not sure what happened but the quality of Wahl clippers seemed to have gone down the drain. The clippers were noisy, blades were misaligned, causing hair to be ripped and not cut. I’ve tried oiling and re-adjusting but without any luck. Tried both the Color Pro and also the Elite Pro High Performance model. Same defect in quality on both units.Pros of my rating on the Sminiker Clipper is based on the following:Extremely QuietCeramic blades are accurate and sharpDoes not need to be oiled, at least didn’t see it in the instructionsLight as light as a regular shaverCordless so that I can use these wherever convenient when an outlet is not availableExtra battery includedI would recommend this clipper set
Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip #8148 Great for Barbers and Stylists Precision Cordless Fade Clipper Loaded with Features 90+ Minute Run Time
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 490 Customer Reviews
Priced From $75.90
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professionals commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand with the freedom of a cordless clipper.
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: The Magic Clip is the ultimate cordless clipper. It features high precision zero-overlap 2161 blades that offer superior speed and ease of use, a convenient taper lever for easy fading and blending, and a lithium ion battery for a 90+ minute run time per charge. Cord/cordless cutting capability.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Cordless Magic Clip comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (8) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, red blade guard, and recharging transformer.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip (#8148) measures 6.25 long and weighs 10 oz.
- PLEASE NOTE: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturers warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers. For sale and use in the U.S.A. only.
The fact that it’s cordless is amazing but it goes beyond that. The battery is very powerful and it lasts around 2 hours on one single charge. The great thing is you can them corded if it dies on you (which only happens if you never charge them between cuts) and it charges while in use. I have the designer also and whats better about the magic clips is that the charging cord is thicker and longer (8ft) which is perfect and solid. Also another upgrade is the fade staggered tooth blade which is perfect for blending. The fact that these blades can be zero gapped is incredible especially for getting that first line out from bald fades etc. without having to wear out your trimmers. BE CAREFUL how u zero gap them because they are extremely sharp and you don’t want to be cutting people up. These are perfect so I give them a full 5 stars. The packaging is great and as a plus they come with the 1/2 and 1 1/2 guards along with the others to execute that perfect fade. I love these clippers and they just look premium and are very well made, and feels great in your hands.
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 1,600 Customer Reviews
Priced From $51.13
- Easy to follow step by step full color instructions
- Detail trimmer, contoured shape and precision edged/self sharpening blades, is perfect for touch-ups
- 2x the run time 40 minutes typical
- 15 minute quick charge provides 12 minute run time
- Made for use in USA electrical outlets only. Not for international use.
My husband had some clippers he had purchased from the PX where he was stationed at the time. The were corded and heavy and after like two months were not cutting well at all. Knowing what a difference good clippers makes in how hair turns out from my experience with my dad’s Braun clippers I kept bugging hubby to let me get new ones. Finally he let me purchase new ones. Not being able to find good reviews on anything Braun similar to what I was used to I asked a friend who is a beautician what she used and she said Wahl, but she used a corded one. I went through the little thing on Wahl’s website that tells you what they think is best for your needs and they gave me this one. I was a little worried about the battery issue, but that was completely unfounded. This is what I determined:Pros:~*~They have already paid for themselves. It would be like $13 every two weeks for my husband to get his hair cut/trimmed. We have had them about 3.5 months and used them roughly 7 times. That’s around $91, but the clippers were less than $60 with tax.~*~I have charged the battery once, the first day I received them. I completely charged it and have not had to charge it yet. Not only has it held the extra charge for over three months, but it’s made it through cutting my husband’s thick hair 7 times. I did not expect that at all.~*~It comes with all the attachments you could ever need and more.~*~There is a pamphlet with pictures telling you, not only what each of the different attachments do, but how and when to use them. It also has a picture showing you where each cut level should be, how to know what number to use on each level, and how to blend the levels. This was AWESOME for me because I had never had any formal training.~*~ It comes with a little trimmer as well that is good for doing the back of the neck, or any small spaces the bigger clippers won’t get to. I use it mainly when my hubby needs edges trimmed, but not a whole hair cut. I also find it helpful for around the ears (there is an attachment for the big clippers for around the ear, but it took me a while to get brave enough to experiment with it).~*~I’ve dropped it a couple times and it has survived.~*~It comes with a really awesome cloth case.~*~It has an apron for the “hair dresser”. Some people commented that it didn’t work well for keeping hair off of them while getting their hair cut, but in looking at it, it makes more sense that it is to keep the hair off of the person cutting the hair, and for that purpose it works very well.~*~They are really light and although other said they feel cheaply made, I don’t think so. They balance well and are heavy enough to be comfortable, but not make your arm super tired.Cons:~*~The scissors included aren’t very good, but I still gave it five stars because I didn’t buy this for the scissors. I just use my Conair ones I got at Walgreens for under $10.~*~The small trimmers are battery powered. They take two AAs. I hate putting this under the con section, but some people would look at it as one. These have gotten a lot of use as well, are really powerful for the batteries that are in them, and are STILL going strong on the FIRST set of batteries, so I don’t really see it being a problem.Over all, these are amazing for the price and I love them. I don’t dread cutting my husband’s hair anymore because it’s not tedious. I would highly recommend these to anyone.Update (May): I let my sister borrow these to cut my brother’s hair and she charged them “just in case”. I guess I’ll have o wait several more months to see how long they will last on one charge. I also went and got my hair cut and took my cousin (his haircut exceeded my abilities) and she also uses these clippers. She said she loves that they’re cordless and that the charge will last around 8 hours. The small clippers are also still going strong and I have not yet replaced those batteries. Still loving them both.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 752 Customer Reviews
Priced From $59.99
- Fits in the palm of your hand so you can easily reach the back of your head, neckline and around your ears. Precision ground, stainless steel blades easily cut through even the thickest hair, reducing pulling and snagging
- Extra-wide Curved Blade – The blade contours to your head with maximum coverage to provide a close, even cut. Shortcut Pro Hair Clipper is 100% Washable Conveniently rinses clean under the faucet
- Lithium, Rechargeable Battery- 40 minutes of cordless runtime. The Shortcut Pro Hair Clipper can also be used corded for maximum versatility and convenience
- 9 Length Combs Cuts 1/16 5/8 to achieve the exact look you desire
- 13 Piece Kit Includes Hand-held clipper, 9 Length-adjusting combs, cleaning brush, storage/travel pouch, oil (charging adaptor also included)
I bought this kit to replace a beard trimmer that I had been using to shave my hair down on my head every other day or so. The problem with the regular trimmer was the small blade, as well as the irritation from the trimmer on my scalp.This thing worked beautifully out of the box, even without a full charge on the battery. It has cut the time I spent shaving my head at least by half. It is especially easier to trim the back of my head, and get a nice smooth gradient of hair, rather than patches/untrimmed spots you might get with a smaller trimmer. Usually I can just go over a spot once instead of multiple times, which has cut down on the irritation I mentioned.The battery life also seems great on this little thing, although I typically have it plugged in while in use. I’ve only really rinsed it once or twice with water, although it is supposedly water resistant/proof, I prefer to use the little brush it came with to clean the blades.Overall, this thing is excellent, and I would buy one again if I needed it. Hopefully the battery and blades last for a decent amount of time!
Scored 4.3/5.0 – From 329 Customer Reviews
Priced From $66.99
- Professional Precision: From Wahl Professionals commercial grade line of products, the Cordless Designer Clipper is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.
- Stylish and Functional: One of our most popular clippers is now cordless! Wahls Cordless Designer Clipper is lightweight, features a sleek ergonomic design, and is cordless for maximum mobility. Its powerful and comfortable in the hand, includes a taper lever for easy fading and blending, and boasts a 90-minute run time.
- Accesories Included: For your convenience, the Cordless Designer Clipper comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (8) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, and red blade guard.
- Product Specifications: The Cordless Designer Clipper (#8591) measures 6.25 long and weighs 10.2 oz. This product features a Lithium-ion battery, charging cord, and a 1005 universal blade. Can be run with the included power cord. For sale in the USA only.
- Please Note: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturers warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers.
Battery works perfect, i used it like 5 days ago ( first use, i charge it 5 hours as instructions indicate before first use) and today it still has enough charge to work. Blades adjust and fits perfect. It comes with a little oil bottle, i think it should come with a bigger and better presented oil (has a very “made on china” presentation). Clipper case (box) has 0 stars, it is very weak, ugly, unstable,bad quality. Maybe case (box) design could improve. A nice feature is that you can use it even it is uncharged connected to the power supply. Clipper seems to be well built. Charger has a detachable connection but has just one. hope this machine works for years
Scored 4.2/5.0 – From 2,137 Customer Reviews
Priced From $19.95
- 8 attachments for all of your grooming needs: Full-size Trimmer; Foil Shaver; Nose, Ear and Detail Trimmer; Hair Clipper Comb with 8 Length Settings; 3 Beard and Stubble Combs
- Self-sharpening, surgical steel blades for long lasting durability
- Washable attachments just rinse under the faucet to clean
- Lithium power with up to 50 minutes of consistent cordless runtime
- Storage pouch included; Great for travel
I purchased this clipper / trimmer after my last device was dropped on the bathroom tile floor when the cord got in the way. The product is listed on Amazon as: Remington PG6250 WetTech Head, Beard and Body Grooming Kit, Black. I was able to save a few bucks over the local Target store. I got a great product and not have to interact with people or put on pants, pants are evil! The clippers are well made, cordless and water resistant. Have used in the shower for grooming with out problems, the body head did leave a bad irritation on my neck so I wont be using it there again. Battery life is great and have only charged it once in the last two months with light to moderate use. I actually only charge it then because with the Hurricane Matthew and the possibility of losing power for a length of time, I wanted to be sure they were well charged. The accessories that come with it are adequate and even though the trimmer head is 1/3 smaller than my old clippers, it was not noticeable when using, even to do my whole head. This This product shipped on time and was packaged well. Overall very pleased with the purchase. **Update** I let two friends use these and they were impressed with them as well.If you are like me and so many others who rely heavily on reviews to make an informed decision before purchasing, I hope this information has helped you make a decision to purchase it or not. I stand behind my recommendation for this trimmer.[…]
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 802 Customer Reviews
Priced From $23.49
- Clipper with 5 detent taper control provides 55 cutting positions
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blade
- 10 comb attachments: 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 7/8″, 1″
I bought these clippers because I was tired of shelling out $20 every month for a haircut. Furthermore, I was trying to wear my hair a little differently and the stylists just didn’t seem to get what I was going for (most likely my own fault). I was just sick of going to get my haircut. So I watched some YouTube videos on cutting your own hair and decided I was going to take the plunge and start cutting my own hair.I bought these because they were super cheap. I didn’t want to spend a lot in case cutting my own hair ended up being a huge mistake. Also they’re cordless which I need because I don’t have an outlet in my bathroom. I have been using them for 3 months now and can say they have met and exceeded my expectations.I’m able to use the clip on attachments (numbered 1-8) to fade the sides and back of my head nicely. The blade is adjustable, so even with a clip on attachment you can still alter the length of that attachment. For example, if you’re using a #2 attachment you can adjust the length from a short #2 to a longer #2. It’s helpful for fading. Rather than blocking my neckline off in a square or rounded shape, I taper my neckline down to 0. I am able to get a smooth fade down to 0 with these clippers.My first haircut took me a long time because I didn’t really have my technique down pat. It took over an hour and the clippers eventually died out on me. Now I have my haircut down to 20-30 minutes and have had no problems with these clippers dying out on me. I do leave them on the charger over night after my haircut. I have really thick hair and have not experienced any pulling with these clippers. They come with all the attachments, a pair of scissors, the charger, two combs, a cape, and a brush and oil for cleaning and maintenance.All in all I’m super happy with this purchase. I’ve never used any expensive brand of clippers, but I wonder how much better can they actually be? Perhaps when these clippers need replacing I will buy a more expensive brand, but for now these work perfectly for my needs. If you are looking for a cheap pair of cordless clippers then I would highly recommend this set. And if you are debating cutting your own hair I say go for it! In three months these clippers have paid for themselves and saved me money on going to the hairstylist. I’m sold.
Remington HC5870 Cordless Virtually Indestructible Barbershop Clipper, Hair Clippers, Hair Trimmer, Clippers
Scored 4.2/5.0 – From 71 Customer Reviews
Priced From $35.93
- 20-Piece Kit – Cut, style, clean, and protect. This Virtually Indestructible clipper comes with length-adjusting combs, a barber cape and scissors, and a whole lot more. Its all kept safe by a rugged, hard-shell storage case
- Cordless with Lithium Power – The freedom of cordless with the reliable power of lithium. Get up to 60 minutes of runtime from a 3-hour charge, or enough juice for a one-time use with the 10-minute quick charge function
- POWERCUT Blade System – No more snagging and pulling. Our exclusive system keeps the blades in proper alignment for a smooth, even cut. You can even swap out the blade for other attachments like the Balder Blade or the T-Blade
- Super Torque Motor – The 3.6V motor drives maximum power to the cutting system for 2x faster cutting performance compared to previous Remington models
- Precision Ground Blades – The expertly ground blade edges provide the ultimate haircut experience as they cut through even the thickest hair with ease
- Easy to Clean – An included cleaning brush, a removable blade system, and safe to wash under running watercleanup is fast and easy
- Heavy-Duty Rubber Grip – The ergonomic shape and rubberized grip allow a comfortable, natural grip while keeping the hand close to the head for total control
- High-Impact Polycarbonate Casing – The hard polycarbonate shell casing protects the powerful interior. Its Virtually Indestructible
- 100% Washable – Wash under running water for fast and easy cleaning
- Lithium Power – The advanced chemistry of the lithium battery supplies long-lasting, consistent power to the blades for ultimate cordless performance
These are awesome clippers – don’t hesitate in buying them.I had been using an old unit that had a pretty narrow cutting path and the battery life was absolutely useless. Plus they lacked the power to cut through hair quickly (such as for trimming arm or leg hair, would take forever).I then gambled with a cheap $30 unit that I dropped on the floor and it broke into pieces.So, here I am with the Remington. They say it’s virtually indestructible and I believe it. It definitely has some weight to it, and you can feel how solid the material and construction is. Nothing is flimsy or feels like it’s going to pop out or fall off. I haven’t dropped it but am confident if I did there wouldn’t be any issues. The blades are incredibly solid as well.The rubber edges could be my one complaint: hair obviously loves to stick to it, but it’s easy enough to wash off when you’re finished. Very minor complaint.The battery life is impressive. I have yet to run it down to 0, even after trimming both arms and legs. Can’t imagine how much more battery I’d need after that anyway.The accessories it comes with are varied and useful. Just about every length and angle of cut you’d need, and the combs clip on very easily.The scissors were a nice little surprise and they’re not bad. I haven’t used the cape, but again, cool that it’s included. The brushes are great and make cleaning very simple. Can always use some machine oil so happy that was included.The box that it all comes in is very durable too – somewhat of a puzzle to fit everything inside of it, but at least you’ll have a place for it all to live, rather than having combs loose in a drawer somewhere.But what I love most is the wide cutting path and the power. Makes quick work of any trimming job and you can’t slow down the cutter. Works exactly how you’d want it to.As I’m writing this review I see the price dropped a few dollars and has a nice coupon that can be clipped… I’m extremely jealous because it is a heck of a bargain at that price. Even for what I paid I think they’ve under-priced the unit. Would buy again in a heartbeat.
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 991 Customer Reviews
Priced From $39.99
- Lithium-ion cordless power
- DualCut Technology cuts 2x faster with a double-sharpened cutting element and reduced friction
- One adjustable comb with 23 built-in length settings from 1/64″ to 7/8″
- Self-sharpening and washable Titanium blades
- up to 120 minutes of cordless use after a 1 hour charge
Excellent product. I had a phillips norelco hair clipper from years ago (almost 9 by my estimate) and it recently started to slow down. I figured it was time to find a new option and started by looking for the same one. I was disappointed that it no longer exists (though I shouldn’t be surprised, it’s been almost a decade). I was very hesitant to purchase a clipper without some confirmation on the durability. I’m not expecting it to last 9 years again but I’d like something that’s going to be a good investment. The price is excellent – it’ll pay for itself within a couple of uses. It is extremely easy to operate. You just turn the knob and press the on button. The turbo button is great too! It really does an excellent job and is definitely comparable to the last one I had. It cuts virtually all of my hairs in a single pass. Sometimes there’s a few that don’t cooperate but my hair is very thick so I think it’s more along the lines of my hair facing in all weird directions so it doesn’t all get aligned properly the first pass. But, having said that, it’s only a few hairs here and there, not like a whole strip that decided not to get cut. I love how easy it is to operate. I just buzz my hair to a single length so this is the perfect clipper for me. You don’t need to oil the blades at all which is a major bonus in terms of long-term maintenance. and the head comes off with the press of a button and can be easily run under water for very easy cleaning. The charging is exactly as advertised. You charge within one hour and you get (allegedly 120 minutes out of it). It doesn’t take me that long to cut my hair but I never noticed anything with it slowing down or cutting out. I will update if anything changes but so far, this looks like a home run for me. Another pro that I’ve liked so far is the hard plastic carrying case. It’s just got some cardboard thing inside to hold the trimmer in place but it’s a nice touch to have the trimmer, cord, and little cleaning brush in one place. It’s not too big of a case (obviously bigger than the trimmer alone – it’s not saving space in your bag) but it is very protective when traveling. No need to worry too much about anything breaking during transit. The warranty is nice (2 years without registering and 5 if you register it with them). Registering just gives them your name and email and then you answer a couple survey questions about your buying experience. It took 5 minutes and now my warranty is 3 years longer. The fact that they’ll give you that long shows that they’re confident it’ll last at least that long. I cut my hair like once a month – over 5 years this thing clearly pays for itself many times over.
The list from above features some of the best models of the cordless hair clippers that are available for wide use. They feature high quality, and this is definitely an important parameter that you wish to have in the tools that you use because of the fact that in this way you will be certain that they won’t malfunction eventually. On the contrary – these hair clippers will serve you for a long time to come, and they won’t break off for a long time. And the best thing about them is that they are cordless, which means that you won’t have to bother with cables at all.