Hair removal is part of your personal grooming. Ladies, you do have access to a number of hair removal methodologies including razor, wax and of course epilators.
Epilators – of course- are widely preferred over the other two options primarily because it is a painless method of getting rid of body hair.
We have brought you the reviews of the leading brands of epilators made available for you.
A thorough perusal of the reviews will actually ensure that you are only picking up the best product for yourself.
Find out about the ratings earned by each brand, their prices and special features right here.
Make an informed decision by going through this detailed user reviews and make the most of the money you’re investing in the product.
Braun Silk-pil 9 9-579 Wet and Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Epilator, Ladies Electric Razor for Women BONUS EDITION
Scored 4.3/5.0 – From 818 Customer Reviews
Priced From $109.97
- The 40% wider epilation head removes more hair in one stroke* for up to 4 weeks of smooth skin. *vs other Braun epilators
- Brauns most innovative MicroGrip tweezer technology with wider, longer and deeper tweezers removes, with precision, hair 4X shorter than wax does.
- Wet and Dry usage in the bath or shower for a more comfortable epilation. Virtually painless with regular use.
- Comes with 7 extras including a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a high frequency massage cap, a skin contact cap, a charging stand for an always charged device and a BONUS facial brush
- BONUS Braun facial brush removes makeup and pore-deep impurities 6X better than manual cleansing in addition to refining and exfoliating skin with micro-oscillations. 100% waterproof for comfortable use in the shower.
Best purchase!! I have never waxed. Only shaved with a razor or an electric razor. The razor always causes irritation and the electric ones were just not as smooth.When I first tried the epilator not gonna lie. Hurt like a B. However it for easier the longer I stayed at it. Even did my underarms after my legs. 5 days later I just used it again to get some of the hairs that weren’t long enough the first time. Hardly no pain. Still barely any hair growth.Best decision ever. Trust me ladies and some gents….power through the first and possibly second time and you will be loving it.This is after my second time. Barely any redness this time. The first time it was red for about 3 hours and it subsided.I use mine at night after a warm shower or bath so the pores are more open and the hairs are softer. Also doing it at night allows it to calm down on the redness.I tried in the shower but prefer it dry.
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 576 Customer Reviews
Priced From $43.06
- Includes Braun’s 20-tweezer system for a gentle removal at the root for long-lasting results for up to four weeks^Massaging rollers smoothly stimulate and massage your skin to ease the epilation
- The smartlight helps you find even the finest hairs for no miss removal and speed personalization allows you to select the right speed for your individual needs
I am new to the world of epilating, but this thing is awesome and I tell everyone about it! I’m soon moving to a place that’s beach season year-round and I wanted to be able to be ready at any moment without feeling like a wooly mammoth. I pre-medicated the first time I used this and even with that, it still hurt ridiculously bad- getting my leg hairs wasn’t so terrible, but I may have cried a little while epilating my armpits and bikini line. I thought I was going to die and didn’t know how anyone used this for anything other than their legs. But with faith in other reviewers, I tried again…and it was SO much better. It definitely stings a bit on my thighs and takes some witty maneuvering over my shins, but it’s extremely satisfying to be able to get all the hairs out! The bikini line still kills, but I just try to focus on all the $$ I’m saving by not waxing and I muster up the courage to press on. My hairs don’t noticeably grow back for at least a week. I can’t imagine going back to shaving. Also, I couldn’t imagine epilating without the light that’s on this! You should try this thing out.
Scored 4.0/5.0 – From 772 Customer Reviews
Priced From $54.18
- 40 Close-Grip tweezers remove even the shortest hair for up to 4 weeks of smooth skin
- The high frequency massage system stimulates skin for a more comfortable epilation
- The pivoting head follows every contour of the body for better skin contact and even gentler performance
- The Smartlight reveals even the finest hair for extra thorough hair removal
- The speed personalization allows you to select the right speed for your individual needs.
This epilator is very effective.I bought the plug in model rather than the battery operated one. I believe the plug in model is stronger and doesn’t depend on battery life.However, it takes getting used to. It may “smart” when beginning, however the discomfort decreases as it is used — really. It may be used virtually anywhere. The denser the hair area, the most it takes getting used to.I use this item virtually anywhere on my body. In some respects it is better than IPL hair removal. Each, I’ve found, has its own strengths and uses. And both have tolerable amounts of discomfort at first, but less so as it is used more often.I was surprised that it was not uncomfortable, however, when used on rather delicate areas: a pleasant surprise.Some guys may try to use this as a substitute for shaving daily. That is too far of a stretch. That initial discomfort would some getting used to. If used daily in that manner, the morning shave would be easier and feel smoother afterwards. But again, there is that initial discomfort and that should not be minimized. However, there is an added benefit: — no lie — it would clean the skin greatly by getting rid of dead cells.It is very effective virtually anywhere. Perhaps a better value than IPL.While shaving may be faster than either — especially the IPL — I don’t like shaving: cuts, razor burn, ingrown hairs. I’ve had zero of these effects with the epilator. It is effective on both short and longer hairs.It takes technique to use it; to be effective it should be used smartly and delicately. Use it as the body provides feedback. A touch here and there where and when necessary. With practice, it is manageable. It’s a nice tool.Braun Silk-épil 5 5-280 – Electric Hair Removal Epilator, Ladies’ Electric Shaver, and Bikini Trimmer for Women
Scheam 4 in 1 Rechargeable Electric Epilator Callus Remover Shaver Hair Clipper Pedicure Foot Care Tool Womens Trimmer Hair Removal Hair Cutting Device
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 19 Customer Reviews
Priced From $28.99
- 4-in-1 Attachments Include: Epilator head, callus remover head, shaver head and Hair Clipper. Exfoliates Dead, hard dry skin on feet; Removes Undesired hair on legs or arms, Unwanted ugly hair on other sensitive areas
- 4 in 1 RECHARGEABLE Device: Rechargeable ensure you always use the device at optimal power. All in one set. no need to buy separate solutions to your hair and foot callus removal personal care accessories
- SAFE EASY TO USE: Safe during your taking care on your face or body. EASY to change header for different using purpose
- BEAUTY SPA PERFECT GIFT:beauty spa results in the comfort of your home, or on travel. Perfect gifts for friends, family and children
- RECHARGEABLE & CORDLESS: Rechargeable ensure you always use the device at optimal power. All in one set. Save a lot of money from purchasing batteries and no need to buy separate solutions to your hair and foot callus removal personal care accessories. It operates cordless and wire-free, allows you conveniently use it anywhere.
I waited to leave a review on this item because I wanted to use all the attachments it came with. I’m happy to report that each of them works very well! I’ve used this on my legs and bikini area. The razor part has 2 blades on the sides of it, which are handy when you’re trimming a precise area. When using the epilator, i did have a little bit of a pulling feeling, but this is because this part pulls the hair from the root, rather than trimming it. It leaves a much smoother feeling than the razor, which only trims the hair. I also used the callous remover, and was really surprised at how well it worked. I had my doubts about it honestly. But when I used it pin the callous on the side of my foot, it cut away all the dead skin. I did find that you have to hold it just right to be effective.Lastly, I wanted to see how the rechargeable battery would hold up. I didnt charge it when it arrived, and then used it 3 or 4 times before the battery started to fade. So I know the battery life is excellent!
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 78 Customer Reviews
Priced From $62.99
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (with battery light indicator) provides 40 minutes of cordless use after a quick 1.5 hr charge
- Wet & dry use with an anti-slip grip.
- Includes a shaver head and comb for a close, gentle shave on different body areas.
- Includes a facial cap, delicate area cap, and in-use massage cap for gentle, effective hair removal from head-to-toe, as well as a travel pouch.
- Patented epilation system with 2 speed settings for thicker and thinner hairs
Works very nicely, this is my first experience with and epilator. It was easier than I thought it would be and didn’t hurt as bad as I thought. I wish it had a stand up docking station, since it doesn’t, I cut a little notch out of the box so the lay in the little preformed space in the box when it’s charging. You can leave the attachments in the little holding area and it’s all neat, tidy and together..
Epilator 3 in 1 Head Female Electric Cordless Epilator Shaver Hair Tweezer Women’s Shaving Machines For Armpit Bikini Legs Personal Care For Women
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 26 Customer Reviews
Priced From $27.98
- Epilator uses two dual opposed staggered heads to remove short hair in half time than other devices. It removes unwanted hair from legs, face, underarms, bikini line and other sensitive areas
- Electric Razor uses two independently floating heads to glide, Non-irritating and more effective
- Callus Remover uses two exquisite scrub rollers to remove dead skin from feet safely and efficiently. Perfect SPA-like pedicure at home
- Buy 1 get 3 interchangeable heads – lady shaver and epilator and callus remover! Save a lot of money from buying separate solutions to your hair and foot personal care accessories
- Mother’s Day Carry and clean. Allows you use it anywhere and anytime
I have been using this for a few weeks now and have received wonderful results.The built in light is a huge plus and very helpful.The first time I used the Epilator head, I braced myself for the pain but was relieved when all I felt was a little pickling on my legs as it pulled the hairs out. The hairs that were too small to grasp are now being removed as they grow longer. I haven’t experienced any irritation.I apply a moisturizing cream afterwards.Loving the softness of my legs!The callous remover worked wonders on a small area on the bottom of my foot.The shaver head works great as well!This product indeed delivers awesome results!
[ 4 in 1 ] Hangsun Face Epilator Facial Hair Removal For Women F410 + Lady Shaver + Pedicure Hard Skin Remover + Massage Roller, Cordless and Rechargeable
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 34 Customer Reviews
Priced From $26.99
- 4 Functions in 1 SetIncludes 1 x Facial Epilator head, 1 x lady shaver head, 1 x hard skin remover head, 1 x facial massager head. Easy replacement with different heads for different functions.
- EfficientReduces the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates your skin. Removes 4x shorter hair than wax (0.5 mm)
- Full Range SkincareMassage roller allows for Skin tightening and reduces wrinkles; Epilator and shaver heads provide long-lasting and anti-irritating hair removal; Pedicure head removes hard dead skin on the foot.
- Cordless and ConvenientNo need for a cord, rechargeable and suitable for both wet and dry use, simple switch button with ergonomic and compact handle design for precise epilation.
- Safe and GentleSafe shaving system with comb attachment to trim and shape. Brings you a comfortable and painless skincare experience, worry-free for daily use.
This beauty product is awesome! All my needs are on these in one set! This device is wonderful. My legs feel incredibly smooth and soft and I don’t break out in a bumpy rash like I do with waxing. The results are long lasting and this device is gentle enough for daily use, I use this for almost a week now and the result is great. My legs also look far more even due to the fact that you can’t see the base of the hair follicle under the skin as you can with shaving or any mid-day stubble. Overall I’m extremely happy with my decision to switch to an epilator. It has made my life far more easy and now that I’ve gotten used to the plucking sensation the feeling of epilation hardly bothers me at all. If you can handle waxing but hate the way that waxing removes the upper layer of skin, give epilator a try. If you hate having to shave so often before leaving the house in the summer, give epilator a try. I uses it on my face, underarm, and legs! I love everything about this product, I can shave, do massage, I can do pedicure, and clean my face. Is a must have product for me!
Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver, 3-Blade Cordless Womens Electric Razor with Pop-Up Trimmer, Use Wet or Dry
Scored 4.2/5.0 – From 5,849 Customer Reviews
Priced From $17.99
- Panasonic women’s electric razor uses three independently floating heads to glide smoothly along contours of the skin to comfortably shave legs, underarms and other body areas.
- Convenient wet/dry – shaver, use in shower or bath with soap lather, foam or gel or use dry anytime, anywhere it’s convenient.
- Super-sharp, hypo-allergenic inner lady shaver blades safely reduce irritation on sensitive skin for maximum comfort.
- Womens shaver closely and safely trims bikini area and removes unwanted longer stray hairs with pop-up trimmer.
- Panasonic womans electric shaver has a waterproof design and quickly rinses clean under running water.
I have had a few electric razors over the years, all of them Remington that were purchased at Wal-Mart. I decided to shop Amazon this time and see what other brands I might consider and wound up buying this Panasonic model. The reviews were good, and the price was right. I was so glad I did! This shaver gives a very close shave, closer than any other electric razor I’ve ever used. It is also a very comfortable shave–no sharp edges or pulling of the hair. I’ve had it for about five months now, and I’m still very pleased. One slight drawback (though it may be considered a plus by some) is that the charger plugs into the base of the razor, and the whole thing plugs into the wall. My Remingtons had a corded charging base that sat on the counter top so that the razor was continually being recharged. On the one hand, the Panasonic charger method frees up some counter space as well as outlet space (except for when I’m actually charging). On the other hand, the Panasonic wall unit requires a tight outlet to hold both the charger and razor in place. I had to resort to the outlet in our bedroom closet to use for this charger, since most of the outlets in our house are too loose (something my husband never gets around to rectifying). So that is my only caveat, but I didn’t think it was worth deducting a star for it. I do recommend the shaver and believe you will be happy with the results you get over other electric razors.
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 189 Customer Reviews
Priced From $27.49
- Total coverage epilation system easily removes hair from the roots for long lasting, smooth skin up to six weeks
- Two speeds allows you to adjust as needed for personalized effectiveness
- Ergonomic design and precisely angled head make epilating legs, arms and sensitive areas easy
- Corded power gives consistent reliable power
- Removable head makes clean-up fast
I bought this last week after reading tons of reviews on epilators and watching what seemed like 100 YouTube videos on how to use them. I bought this primarily to use on my legs and underarms, and while I know that epilators won’t give you that silky, “freshly-shaved” feeling, I feel that being hairless for a few weeks at a time is worth the trade off. Anyway, upon first use, I hated this thing. It was painful and it wasn’t removing many hairs. I considered returning it. However, I gave it another try, this time following instructions from the packaging (I know, duh, right?) and also some from online reviews. To make this thing work (and it DOES work), be sure to use it right after a bath or shower, BUT YOUR SKIN HAS TO BE DRY AND FREE FROM OILS/LOTIONS/CREAMS. Also, while in the shower, EXFOLIATE. Use a loofah, scrubbie, whatever. It will prep your skin for the epilator. When epilating, hold the machine at a 90 degree angle with your skin. Pulling skin “taut” can help with the pain of it’s too painful. Honestly, my legs weren’t painful at all. My underarms, however, were. But if I keep consistent with using it (1x per week, I’d say), then it really won’t be painful at all because the initial, coarse hairs have already been removed. After epilation, MOISTURIZE!! That’s super important. I’d say overall, I’m really happy with this purchase. It works and it’s super compact (great for storage and travel). The price was right, too!
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 230 Customer Reviews
Priced From $29.99
- Two operating speeds
- Perfect angle guide cap produces ultimate results by keeping the epilator at the optimum epilating angle
- Removes even the shortest and finest hair, leaving skin smooth for up to 4 weeks
- At full speed the speed epilator with its 40 tweezer discs creates 31000 tweezes per minute
- Two operating speeds
I’ve been shaving for about 25 years. I need to shave daily so I’ve tried epilators in the past in a hope to reduce this. I even have a missing patch of hair on one leg from an epilator years ago, so I know in concept my hair could be lessened with repeat use.But it was always too painful and just too many missed hairs, so in spite of having bought top of the line battery operated devices, I just never stuck with it. So when I felt like trying again, I chose this cheap corded one thinking it would be a similar result.Yes, it hurt. I took Tylenol about half an hour before hand and just bit the bullet. It’s supposed to hurt less in the future, but for less hair…I’ll do it either way.The starter guard was a nice touch, it helps you learn the best angle to hold it at.Yes, it left hairs. But not as many as previous tries. Which is big for me. It got enough I could comfortably go bare legged. And I did shave when I felt like it, as I rotated my epilating in to my routine. I’m approaching this as a do it whenever and get used to the pain routine to start. I only need about three days shaving growth to epilate, but I’m trying to go longer because….Part of where I feel I may have gone wrong before is timing. Hair grows in cycles. So I waited about a week and a half of no hair removal before epilating. After epilating, I got about 5 days before hair was really noticable, and the regrowth is light. I can go a week pretty easily. I’m going to try for one and a half, then keep spacing it out, adding a few days, until I get to the much desired 2-4 week interval I hear some people can manage. Or just as far as my particular hair can go. It’s an experiment, but in theory I want to get as many of the growth cycles all at once so they restart growth at the same time.Oh, and I read a review this doesn’t work for fine hair. I put it to my face and it pulled out peach fuzz. I don’t recommend this. But I would say fine hair isn’t an issue for it. 🙂
When it comes to removing hair, women can be quite fussy about the choice of the device they are using – and quite rightly so!
For a few, an electric razor just doesn’t work – quite simply because it causes irritation. Similarly, waxing is painful for one and all.
If you go through the reviews that we have documented above, you will actually find out that your first experience with an epilator might as well turn out to be a slightly painful experience- post which it will be a smooth sailing throughout.
It is important to consider a few factors before purchasing an epilator. For instance, the first thing that you should ensure is that the product should in no way be consistently painful.
The first or second experience might as well hurt but it should become completely painless with regular use.
The reviews offer you glimpses of ways in which you can ensure comfortable epilation as well.
There are a few products that come with added accessories like tweezers, facial brush, and smartlights. The more you read reviews the more you will be aware of the correct usage of these accessories.
So make sure you are not leaving them out of your survey.
Do let us know whether these reviews have helped or not. Make use of our comment section in order to reach out to us.